With 400 million daily users, Stories is another video format that’s been taking over Instagram, as the app reported 80% year-on-year increase in video views in 2017. And with the Instagram algorithm making it more difficult to get eyeballs to your posts in the feed, Story updates being highlighted at the top of the app interface is a handy feature. It can easily help boost brand awareness and engagement just by producing Story content daily.
Below we’ve selected a few sample templates in our new editing format – Instagram Video Story – for you to get a taste of what your Instagram Stories can look like from now on! Create your Instagram Story online in Crello and download it to post to the platform (or send directly to Facebook Ads Manager).
Using Crello on desktop and don’t know how to send your .mp4 to your portable device? Scroll down to the very end of the post to learn all the simple ways to do it!
And even if you agree that daily Story updates are best for engaging audiences, you might be quick to retort that it’s easier said than done. If that’s the case, go ahead and browse our template selection and see if we can change your mind with all the quickly customizable and readily editable designs you can use as is or by adding bits of your own raw content!
Pro tip: Still wondering why you can’t add links to your Stories? Instagram Business profiles can add links to their Stories as soon as they hit 10,000 subscribers.
Send your Video Story design to Instagram
So you’ve customized a template, downloaded the .mp4 with your design, now what?
- If you are a Google user, you can save an .mp4 with your Story design to Google Drive and access the drive on your phone or tablet through the Google Drive app.
- If you are using a macbook, go to the AirDrop menu in Finder, find your iOS device, and drag and drop the .mp4 with your Story design onto the circle representing your phone.
- Email the file to yourself and access the mailbox on mobile.
- Use cloud services, like Dropbox.
- Send your file through messengers, like Skype or Facebook Messenger. Zip the file first to avoid automatic video quality trims.
Still figuring Instagram out? Read our Story hacks guide, Instagram analytics explainer, this post about writing a good caption for your Instagram posts, as well as this list of popular advice on growing your account that may actually backfire.