Pizza is an easy sell – it’s tasty and savory plus it looks and smells undeniably delicious. Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming Pizza Party Day, ideas on how to celebrate with your followers and subscribers, as well as themed Crello templates for the day!
Pizza Party Day is celebrated every third Friday in May.
This year it’s on May 17.
Pizza Party Day celebration
What a typical celebration of Pizza Party Day is like?
- making pizza with family or friends
- attending a pizza-making class
- ordering pizza with favorite toppings and having a party
- tasting pizzas at a local pizzeria (or several, aka pizza crawl)
Now that you’ve digested a little bit of information about Pizza Party Day and pizza itself, let’s move to applying it in your marketing!
Your Pizza Party Day marketing depends on these
- the type of business/industry you are in
- your brand voice and style
- available channels of communication
- available resources for producing the content (budget, human resource, time)
Pizza Party Day marketing options
Here are some of your Pizza Party Day marketing options, ranked easy to advanced:
- develop a fun pizza-themed quiz
- poll your subscribers: their favorite pizza, age they first tried pizza, how often do they order pizza
- hold a contest: best pizza recipe, best vegan pizza recipe, fastest pizza cook
- host a pizza trivia night with prizes
- make a video about pizza (e.g. educate about pizza history or simple pizza recipes, vlog your pizza-making experience, or come up with a fun humorous video like recreating an ancient pizza recipe or trying unusual pizzas)
- hold a themed party with the pizza dress code
- raffle off a trip to central or southern Italy where pizza originated from
- release a themed limited line of merchandise
If you are a travel agency, develop a custom pizza-themed tour!
Not ready to invest so much effort in just one day? Here are other pizza-themed celebrations throughout the year:
- National Pizza Day (US) – February 9th
- National Pizza Month (US) – October
This means you can promote your custom tour at least three times a year (because let’s face it, for true pizza lovers – every day is Pizza Day:)).
Most popular pizza: Pepperoni
Pizza capital of the world: Old Forge, PA
Most popular pizza myth: NYC pizza tastes best because of the city’s tap water
In 1807, there were 54 pizzerias in Naples, Italy.
First American pizzeria – Lombardi’s – is still open.
The art of pizza twirling is considered intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO.
Hashtags: #pizzapartyday, #pizzapartyday
P.S. Stay tuned for more templates to come next week! (Just add this page to bookmarks and return later – we’ll add them here).